Friday 23 March 2012

‘My husband not father of my three children’


A housewife, Mrs. Seinab Adebayo, on Thursday told an Ijebu-Ode Customary Court Grade ‘A’ that her husband, Adewale, was not the biological father of their three children.
Seinab, who is pregnant, also told the court that her husband was also not responsible for the pregnancy, theNews Agency of Nigeria reports.
 Adewale, who is the plaintiff, had early this month dragged his wife to court for packing out of the house with the three children without his consent.

Continue to read more...
He urged the court to order his wife to return his three children to him.
 But the wife said she packed out of the house because her husband, whom she said got married to her 12 years ago, was not the biological father of the children and was not responsible for the pregnancy.
Seinab told the court that she was made to swear an oath to keep the secret that her husband was not the biological father of the children, adding that it was a deal between the two of them.
 She said her husband had been married for 10 years without an issue before she married him.
She said, “When I married my husband 12 years ago, we both swore an oath not to reveal the secret that my husband is not the biological father of the children.
 “And for the past 12 years, we have been keeping that secret by not allowing anybody to know that my husband is not the biological father of the three children and the pregnancy that I am carrying.”
 Seinab, however, told the court that she could not reveal the details of the secret until her husband brought the oracle with which they swore the oath to court to release her from it.
She said, “I cannot give the details of the secret of who the real father of the children is until I am released from the oath.
 “I will urge the court to order my husband to bring the oracle with which we swore the oath to court and release me from it before I can reveal the secret.”
 Her husband, who did not deny the allegation, insisted that he was the biological father of the children.
 In his ruling, the court’s President, Mr. Olatunji Kanimodo, ordered Adewale to bring the oracle with which they swore to an oath to the court in the next adjourned date.
 Kanimodo said the order was imperative for the court to get the full details of the case, and adjourned the case till April 27.

No comments:

Post a Comment