Sunday 26 February 2012

Osaze sets goal target

Osaze Odemwingie
















West Brom striker Osaze Odemwingie believes he can match his season’s best tally of a 15-goal haul.
The 30-year-old bagged a brace in the 4-0 win over in-form Sunderland on Saturday and now has five goals in his last two outings for the Baggies.
Odemwingie’s latest contribution helped Roy Hodgson’s side earn their first victory at The Hawthorns in three months, which followed hot on the heels of their 5-1 win at Wolves.
“The most important thing for me is that we finally got a win at home for our fans,” Odemwingie told the club’s official website.
“It was very important to start well and get all the fans behind us right from the kick-off. I was very glad I could score an early goal and give confidence to the rest of the team.
“We didn’t over-celebrate our last victory and were very serious because it was the right time to turn things around at The Hawthorns and get three points.
“Hopefully we can win more games at home now.”
He added: “People have asked me if I can beat my record or get double figures.
“I said yes, if I have a good run, maybe it is possible. I’m happy it’s coming.”

No comments:

Post a Comment